Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
Inceid · 16
The purpose of this deck is to accommodate three different roles in the following order: (1) healer, (2) backup cluever, and (3) backup fighter. We reasoned that while Silas and Jacqueline will tend to either stick together or go off on their own to hunt down threats, Carolyn Fern will stick to and protect Gloria Goldberg while she investigates. This means she needs to heal, help investigate, and defend against threats when needed.
Role 1: Healer. Direct damage healing is accounted for with Hallowed Mirror and First Aid. Horror healing is accounted for with Book of Psalms, Hypnotic Therapy, and Fearless. When these fail, Dodge, Guard Dog, and Steadfast provide more damage-soaking and stat support.
Role 2: Backup Cluever. Flashlight, Dr. Milan Christopher, and Magnifying Glass allow Carolyn to actively investigate to help Daisy gather clues. Drawn to the Flame, Deduction, and Working a Hunch allow for guaranteed/passive clue gathering.
Role 3: Backup Fighter. In order for the Carolyn/Daisy pair to be safe while alone, Carolyn needs some basic combat skills, hence the Machete, 2x Shrivelling, and 2x Spectral Razor. This satisfies the backup combat role. (Guard Dog also helps here)
Other synergies: in general, Carolyn would like to purposefully take and heal horror to take advantage of her passive resource gain. Peter Sylvestre, Forbidden Knowledge, Ward of Protection, Shrivelling, and other such cards exploit this synergy.
Roundedness: It's always important to have ways to round out one's weakest stats in case of treacheries or required Strength/Agility tests. Hyperawareness, Physical Training, Mind over Matter, Manual Dexterity, and other such cards help Carolyn account for her stat weaknesses.
Other Notes If a card is essential to Carolyn's ability to fulfill any of the three roles outlined above, I keep two copies of it in the deck.
- Healing: Book of Psalms, First Aid
- Cluever: Dr. Milan Christopher
- Combat: Shrivelling, Spectral Razor
- Utilities: Emergency Cache
Notes for Improvement:
- One of the problems with this deck is that I am investing into combat spells that will fall off after a couple of scenarios. To account for this, I will either have to commit to a more combat-oriented role or let the spells fall off and switch to support.
- Right now, there are many ways for me to gain several resources with this deck. But the point of gaining resources is to spend them on expensive, powerful cards. Unfortunately, other than my healing items and Shrivelling, I do not have any powerful expensive purchases. Many guides recommend adding Dynamite Blast to address this. It may be possible for me to pay xp to switch out my offensive spells for better (and more expensive) offensive options later on, but I'm not sure how else to address this weakness.
Edits: 7/21 - 12:53 AM I added Dynamite Blast and removed several 1x cards that seemed usless if I couldn't guarantee their draw at a particular point of the game (Steadfast, Manual Dexterity). Removed several cards that other teammates can use better.
7/25 - 4:51PM After some feedback from my group, I'm making the following changes:
Remove 2x First Aid
Remove 2x Ward of Protection
Remove 2x Dodge
Remove 1x Forbidden Knowledge
Add 2x Shortcut
Add 2x Guts
Add 1x Shrivelling
Add 1x Perception
Reasoning for Removals:
- With the assumption that my team is also bringing some emergency healing, Hallowed Mirror and True Grit should provide more than enough damage soaking.
- The other members of our team are adding several Ward of Protection, and Gloria Goldberg is planning to stack the Encounter Deck so that it won't be a problem for our group (ideally).
- Dodge does not synergize with Carolyn's passive.
- Two Forbidden Knowledge might be a bit overkill for resource generation, since I already have Peter Sylvestre and other horror healing cards.
Reasoning for Additions: