- Q: While playing a “Return to” scenario, what do I do if a campaign guide instruction or card ability refers to a card from an encounter set that has been replaced with a new encounter set? A: If it is a setup instruction or an instruction to search for that card and put it into play, the investigators should find the matching card from the new encounter set that replaced it and follow the instructions using that card, instead. (If it is unclear which is the matching card, use the encounter numbers to help guide you. For example, Wizard of the Order is card 4/6 of the Dark Cult set; if that set was replaced, the matching card would be card 4/6 of the new set.) If it is a gameplay effect other than the above, ignore it. - FAQ, v.2.0, August 2022
Perform the setup as indicated in The Circle Undone Campaign Guide, with the following exceptions:
- When gathering encounter sets, also gather the new encounter sets for Return to At Death's Doorstep shown here.
(Continued on reverse side.)
Return to At Death's Doorstep - Back
- Put the Senator Nathaniel Rhodes enemy into play in the Entry Hall, with 1 clues on him.
- Put the Wine Cellar location into play.
- Set the Spectral version of the Wine Cellar aside, out of play.
- Set the Unstable Realm encounter set aside, out of play, instead of the Realm of Death encounter set. Likewise, when act 1b instructs the players to shuffle the Realm of Death encounter set into the encounter deck, shuffle in the Unstable Realm encounter set instead.
For the duration of this scenario, the following additional rule applies:
"While resolving The Watcher's Grasp treachery, The Spectral Watcher does not exhaust after it attacks."
Attach this card to the scenario reference card as a reminder.
No review yet for this card.